Fully featured technical pack. Best For: Long distance carry and trails
Ultralight frame pack featuring hydration sleeve, gear loops for alpine tools, and daisy chains for additional external storage. 680g total weight, and built with Robic nylon and rugged YKK hardware.
- 28 liter capacity
- Flexible frame that moves with your body
- Removable hip belt with zipper pockets
- Sternum strap, detachable
- Wrap around zipper on main compartment
- Hydration Compatible
- Gear loops for hiking poles, ice axes, or tools
- Hypalon™ daisy-chains
- Water bottle pockets
- Two internal pockets and key loop for securing small items
- Padded breathable mesh shoulder straps and back panel
- Compression storage sack for travel
Built-in steel frame suspension system moves with the body during activity. Adjustable hip belt and sternum strap distributes heavy loads evenly.
Flexible frame suspension - The Beast28 features an innovative spring steel frame, which allows for both structure and packability.
The flexible frame suspension provides comfort and torsion with movement, for an agile fit that moves with you and distributes loads evenly.
Organization on the trail - The main compartment features an asymmetrical clamshell zipper, making it easy to access the larger items at the bottom of your pack.
An oversized front compartment extends to the bottom of the pack, while a zippered pocket inside protects your smaller items. Safely store valuable items in the small interior pocket with keyloop.
Stow for transit - Easily twist, fold, and store the pack in the included compression sack for travel. Ultralight at just 680g, the Beast28 makes it easy to take a fully capable alpine pack with you wherever you go.
Hydration compatible - An internal hydration sleeve accommodates most 1-3 liter reservoirs, with hose routing features on both shoulder straps for a customized fit.
Are Beast Series Packs waterproof?
Beast packs are built from waterproof materials and can withstand intermittent or light rain. For more waterproofing, we suggest the Advanced Series.
Does this pack have a hip belt?
Yes, the hip belt is removeable.
What is the difference between the Beast18 and Beast28?
The Beast18 is 18 liters. The Beast28 is 28 liters and additionally has zipper pockets on the hip belt. The hip belts are interchangeable.
How does this backpack stow for travel?
The flexible frame allows you to twist and fold the pack into the included storage bag. For detailed instructions, the demo video shows this process step by step.
Is the Beast hydration compatible?
Yes. The Beast has a hydration reservior pocket, hangers, hose exit, and house routing features.
Will the Beast fit a laptop?
The Beast will fit up to 14" laptop and tablets
Will the Beast side pockets fit large water bottles?
Yes. The side pockets easily fit large water bottles, even Nalgene bottles and 1 liter bottles.
ABOUT MATADOR (NOT NITECORE)
Matador® - Designed in Boulder, CO
Matador started in 2014 with the vision to bring outdoor-industry expertise to the pursuit of travel. Travel Equipment that saves space, reduces weight and performs dependably so that you can do more.
TECHNICAL SPECS + MATERIALS
|Carry Weight Capacity||18kg
|Weight||1lb 5oz (595g)|
|Unpacked Dimensions||10 x 20 x 6.5in(25.5 x 50.8 x 16.5cm)
|Packed Dimensions||9 x 9 x 3.5in (22.9 x 22.9 x 8.9cm)
|Materials||- 210D Robic® high tenacity nylon, UTS coated, DWR finish
- 100D nylon, PU coated, DWR finish
- YKK® zippers and hardware
- EVA foam padded back, shoulder straps, and hip belt
- 210D nylon bonded thread with bartack reinforced construction
|Coating Specs||- UTS coating (ultra tear strength): waterproofing and tear strength increase of 30%
- PU coating: waterproofing
Our 60-Day Ironclad Guarantee
We believe in this product so strongly that we're giving you a 60 days money back guarantee!
If for whatever reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, ship the entire package back to us with your Order #number and we'll give you a full refund!
What happens after payment?
- You will receive a purchase receipt via email after payment.
- Your order will be processed within the next working day and we will email you a tracking code once your package has been shipped.
When will I receive my gear?
- Local shipping will take 4-6 working days to your door via courier.
- International shipping will take 10-14 working days.
Returns and warranty
- Matador bags are warranted for 3 years. Bags in and out of warranty are eligible for repairs.
What's In The Package
- 1x Beast28 Ultralight Technical Backpack