High-performance waterproof backpack. Best For: Ultralight travel and extremely wet conditions
28 liter high-performance waterproof backpack that compresses for travel.
- 28 liter capacity
- Waterproof main compartment with internally sealed seams
- Rolltop closure features an integrated zipper closure option for fast access or added security
- Compresses for travel, included mesh compression sack
- UHMWPE-reinforced wear panels for extreme durability, abrasion resistance, and tear strength
- Hydration compatible
- Hip belt with pockets (fixed)
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Two gear loops with corresponding Hypalon™–reinforced shockcord captures
- Breathable, weight distributing shoulder straps
- Water resistant front zipper pocket with sealing zipper
- Oversized mesh side pockets
- Compression straps with side release buckles for stabilizing loads or attaching exterior equipment
- Load lifters for adjusting weight distribution and fit
Not intended for submersion.
Contoured monomesh shoulder straps distribute weight evenly while the sternum strap, pocketed hip belt, and load lifters yield an agile, customized fit.
Compresses for travel - Stow into the included mesh compression sack, take it with you.
Advanced materials - UHMWPE-reinforced high wear panels feature a practically infallible ripstop grid. Robic® high tenacity nylon paired with UTS waterproof coating enhances material strength an additional 30%.
Engineered for performance first - Boutique engineering that outperforms the big guys. If you know what you want, and care about how it performs, join a brand that shares your priorities.
Hydration compatible - An internal hydration sleeve accommodates most 1-3 liter reservoirs, with hose routing features on both shoulder straps for a customized fit.
100% waterproof main compartment - Rolltop closure and seam sealed main compartment.
How waterproof is the Freerain28?
Is the Freerain28 hydration compatible?
How do I pack up and stow the Freerain28?
Does this pack have a hip belt?
ABOUT MATADOR (NOT NITECORE)
Matador® - Designed in Boulder, CO
Matador started in 2014 with the vision to bring outdoor-industry expertise to the pursuit of travel. Travel Equipment that saves space, reduces weight and performs dependably so that you can do more.
TECHNICAL SPECS + MATERIALS
|Carry Weight Capacity||28kg
|Unpacked Dimensions||21.5 x 11 x 8in (54.6 x 27.9 x 20.3cm)|
|Packed Dimensions||4 x 4 x 5.5in (10 x 10 x 14cm)|
|Materials||- 70D Robic® nylon UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-wight polyethylene) reinforced ripstop, PU waterproofing
- 50D nylon mini ripstop, UTS waterproofing
- Internally sealed seams
- Nylon monomesh shoulder straps
- Hypalon™ rolltop and tether point reinforcements
- Number 5 YKK® PU coated sealing zippers
- YKK® ultralight, wide entry angle side release buckles
- 210D bonded nylon thread
Our 60-Day Ironclad Guarantee
We believe in this product so strongly that we're giving you a 60 days money back guarantee!
If for whatever reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, ship the entire package back to us with your Order #number and we'll give you a full refund!
What happens after payment?
- You will receive a purchase receipt via email after payment.
- Your order will be processed within the next working day and we will email you a tracking code once your package has been shipped.
When will I receive my gear?
- Local shipping will take 4-6 working days to your door via courier.
- International shipping will take 10-14 working days.
Returns and warranty
- Matador bags are warranted for 3 years. Bags in and out of warranty are eligible for repairs.
What's In The Package
- 1x Freerain28 Waterproof Packable Backpack
If you can't find what you are looking for, or need them on a specific date, do reach out to our team and we would be happy to assist you!