White light output or ultra violet light output, we got you covered.
Purpose built for law enforcement and investigative use, the CU6 allows you to use 440 lumens of bright white light, or 3000mW (365nm) of pure ultra violet light.
Uses of 365nm UV light
365nm LED lights are much more expensive than the traditional 395nm LED lights. Uses of this frequency of UV lights include:
- Ultraviolet Fluorescence Excitation
- Sensor Light
- UV / INK Curing
- Use UV Light to Spotting Germs
- Checking ultraviolet inks in currency and ID's
- Credit cards- MasterCard have "M C", Visa has an eagle in UV ink.
- Activation of fluorescent inks/dyes used as anti-counterfeiting measures
- Checking hand stamps at clubs
- Examining artwork and glasswork for hidden repairs
- Find urine stains (i.e. at the hotel before you hop in bed!)
- Scan a crime scene for foreign materials
- Scorpion Illumination, Scorpion hunting or avoidance
- Fluorescing diamonds - some will glow in the dark
- Fluorescing dyes used to check leaks
The two button interface lets you choose between 3 colors, 5 brightness levels, strobe, beacon SOS, and police warning output. Get the perfect type of light for any situation or emergency.
This customizable design combined with military grade anodized finish and waterproof body construction gives this light incredible resistance to harsh elements and rugged use.
Useful design features include a removable and reversible pocket clip, forward clicky switch with momentary-on ability, smooth parabolic reflector for long throw, and tail-stand ability.
Output and runtime
Testimonials and reviews
What's in the box
- CU6 (batteries not included)
- Adjustable wrist Lanyard
- Spare O-rings
- Spare tailcap
- 3-way holster
- 2-way pocket clip
- Tactical ring
- Instruction sheet
|LED||CREE XP-G2(R5) LED|
|Lens||Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass|
|Material||T6061 T6 aircraft aluminum alloy|
|Finish||HA III Military Grade Hard Anodizing|
|Weight||138g (without battery)|
|18650 - 3.7V||Yes|
|CR123 - 3V||Yes|
|RCR123 - 3.7V||Yes|
I'm pleased to be able to report that the unusual beam profile caused by the side-by-side reflectors is absolutely not an issue in real world use: the white beam actually exceeded my expectations - very clean with good throw, and the asymmetric spill pattern is not really noticeable in outdoor use on either the white or the coloured beam.
Very interesting light with lots of possibilities. With a multi-purpose light like this there's always the worry that it will be a bit of a compromise, but it seems that Nitecore have got a lot of things right with this one."
by Moon S. (verified buyer)
- You will receive a purchase receipt through Paypal after payment.
- Your order will be processed within the next working day and we will email you a tracking code once your package has been shipped.
When will I receive my lights?
- Deliveries in Singapore will take up to 4-6 working days by Courier.
Returns and warranty
- If our lights don't work the way they should, let us know and we'll do our best to get you sorted. 1-year repair warranty.
We believe in this product so strongly that we're giving you a 60 days money back guarantee! If for whatever reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, ship the entire package back to us with your Order #number and we'll give you a full refund!
Loves the product … excellent tool for macro photography … create a different perspective of an already beautiful image to another awesome image …
Great product, very helpful for oil or blood stain identification
It is an awesome purchase. The lights are very bright and the UV lights etc are so useful. I even bought one as a Christmas present to others
Nice light with uv function and tatical lights. Love it very much...
Multi purpose light is useful
Fantastic! Very useful
Just got mine a couple of days ago, and it's great. Everything works as advertised. UV light is very pure and works better than my other two UV-only lights, picks up even the slightest details. Don't look at your kitchen or bathroom with it, you'll be terrified :)
White light is very bright, nice beam too.
Colored LED lights are a bit off-center (red is slightly to the left, green to the right), but I guess it's part of the construction.
Overall it's well worth the money, you won't be disappointed.
A charming piece...
Functions well .. 365nm UV is extremely pure and does not contain blue light components typically observed in cheaper UV LED torches or money detector type products.